5 TIPS TO MAKE THE SCHOOL RUN A BREEZE
The school-run, 90% of the time it’s stressful we get it – to help, we’ve created 5 top tips to help your school run go off without a hitch!
- Get everything ready the night before. Lay out uniforms in the place that your kids usually get dressed, pack the lunches (all of it) in their lunch bags and in the fridge, along with their water bottles in their school bags. Have school shoes ready at the door, with any notes/consent forms for the teacher tucked inside them.
- Wake up before them! You can have that ‘quiet time’ enjoying your coffee, then actually putting on that make up or brushing your teeth! By being up and ready before your kids wake means you'll be available to help with whatever your children demand that particular morning.
- Teach them to put their school kit in the correct place. That way it’s one less task for you! Children love the responsibility too.
- Leave home before you need to, even just 5 minutes before you should, that way there is a bit of flexible time if there is a meltdown before school or unusual traffic. If you get to school earlier, use the time to chat with them about the day, read a school book or practice spellings!
- Put all the school kit, backpacks, lunch bags, P.E kit and coats in the same place every day, this will save valuable time whilst waiting for the children to remember to pick everything up from the car themselves. The boot of the car is particularly useful because it stops them unpacking their lunch to see what they have that day!
If your child is anxious about going into school or has a tummy of butterflies when they are in class, we'd recommend our range of Junior Pendants, like the Owl Pendant (coming soon), Junior Bangles or the Pencil Toppers. Reliable, discrete items that can help keep them calm and relieve stress.
Is there any other tips you could recommend? If so we’d love to hear from you! Click here to send us an email with your suggestion.